Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Trading Everything to Gain Everything

As I type this blog, I am listening to my Passion Radio Station on Pandora. Man, it is good. This past few weeks have been really tough and gloomy. It all started off with a great guy from Bainbridge taken his life. It was hard seeing great people that I know and have come to love hurt so bad. A few day after that a 21 month old got ran over as her mother was backing out of the yard. To sad, knowing that I have two children and can not even imagine what the mother is feeling. All I do is pray for this family. This past Sunday, while getting ready for church, I received a phone call my sister saying that one of our close friend had lost their 6 day old child. I started feeling the hurt right away. My heart hurts for this family and I just hugged my two babies a little more that day. Yesterday morning I found out one of the prayer warriors of my church just got diagnosed with breast cancer.

As I look back on this, I still see God working in my life and the lives of others. He says that He will never leave us nor forsake us. He knew all of this was going to happen and waits on us to trade in our sorrow, pain and sickness for His joy. I was reminded by this when listening to "Trading My Sorrows" by Passion.

I am so glad that Jesus died to take away our sins and that we can have everlasting life. Think about for a second: EVERLASTING LIFE!!!! This life that we have on Earth is just a millisecond to what we are going to have with HIM one day. We have to live each day as it is our last. We have to serve others each day like is going to be our last day to SERVE. we have to love like it is going to be our last day to LOVE.

I will be back blogging about my testimony tomorrow. I just had to share this today. I felt the Lord telling me to share His love to you. Thank you and have a blessed day in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment